Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System
Volunteer or Donate
We are pleased to announce the availability of E-Donate, an online donation option that will provide community members who wish to give back to Veterans at the medical facility a simple and safe way to pledge their support to the fund of their choice.
Simple - Speedy - Safe: With the click of a mouse, anyone can donate online at any time to give Veterans help that goes well beyond their health care. Through E-Donate, donors can select from a number of accounts at the medical center they wish to donate to. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administrative costs are appropriated so donors can be 100 percent certain their donations will go directly to the funds and Veteran patients they select. To make a donation now, just click the blue E-Donate link under the Resources menu on the right.
The Mission of Voluntary Service is best expressed through its desire to SERVE in the following ways:
- Secure quality service to Veteran patients through creative programs;
- Excellence in service to Veteran patients, service organization, medical center, medical staff and community;
- Recognize the unwavering dedication of volunteers that give their time and talents to enhance the quality of life for our veteran patients;
- Veterans and volunteers are the focus-Committed to putting the Veterans and his family's needs first to encourage volunteers to share our vision and join us in promoting excellence in health care and quality service;
- Educate the community and service organizations to the fact that they can become a vibrant and intricate part of the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System and Voluntary Service program;
You have two convenient ways:
- Contact the Voluntary Service Office and tell our staff of your interest in becoming a VAVS volunteer. The staff will take care of everything else including your interview, orientation and assignment.
- If you want to give your time and talents to support the care of America's Veterans, or if you want to help, but don't have time, we have many ways you can help. Fill out our volunteer form and a local VAVS representative will contact you. Go to http://www.volunteer.va.gov/ for more information.
SUMMER YOUTH VOLUNTEER PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 27!
Do you know any high school students interested in volunteering this summer to support Veterans and learn about healthcare? SLVHCS is hosting our eight-week Summer Youth Volunteer program for high school students entering 10th- 12th grade. Volunteers serve in diverse assignments throughout the hospital and have a chance to engage with Veterans for a meaningful and fun service opportunity. The summer Youth Volunteer Program runs from June 4 to July 26. Parents need to attend one short, orientation session May 7 (Monday) or May 12 (Saturday), and program participants have theirs May 30.